VoeTek undertakes extensive research and development. Our research spans original techniques for interacting with content as well as the implications of open platforms for UK public policy. A select list of publications is shown below.
- Escaping waterfall government and the myth of 'digital transformation' Computer Weekly, March 2017
- Digital Economy Bill: About this data sharing plan… where are the safeguards? Ars Technica, 25 November 2016
- 'Digitizing Government' book – Alan Brown, Jerry Fishenden and Mark Thompson
- Previous column in CIO magazine. Examples include:
- (with Mark Thompson) "The great deverticalisation" series of articles, Computer Weekly, January 2013 onwards
- Fishenden, J and Thompson, M. (2012). "Digital Government, Open Architecture, and Innovation: Why Public Sector IT Will Never Be The Same Again", Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (JPART), September 6, 2012.
- "The implications of identity assurance for public services", Computer Weekly, April 2012
- Fishenden, J. (2011). "Interactive Computer Visualisations of Time and Place." Proceedings of the 2011 Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics, (pp. 69-70)
- "One site to rule them all", Holyrood, September 2011
- Fishenden, J., & Hugill, A. (2011). "Palimpsests of Time and Place." COMPSAC, IEEE 35th Annual Computer Software and Applications Conference, (pp. 336-345)
- House of Commons Public Administration Committee, Twelfth Report: "Government and IT – 'A Recipe For Rip-Offs': Time For A New Approach" (PDF), July 2011 (Specialist Adviser)